This article will explain the different retail and software courses available to you through the DotActiv Academy.
The DotActiv Academy offers a variety of retail and DotActiv software courses.
The DotActiv Academy includes two retail courses:
- Introduction to Retail, and
- Advanced Merchandising and Display Techniques.
Each course includes a theory section, downloadable summaries, additional resources, and practical tests.
The Introduction to Retail course can be broken down into four modules.
- The Retail Environment: By the end of this module, you will be able to identify the different types of retailers and how the four P’s of marketing influence them.
- Product Planning: This module forms a base for planning the assortment in a retail environment. It explores the merchandising mix, various types of brands as well as why data is needed.
- Pricing Design: By the end of this module, you will be able to identify the factors that you need to consider prior to pricing and creating a pricing strategy. You’ll also explore the different pricing strategies as well as to avoid common mistakes.
- Placement and Management of Stock: By the end of this module, you will be able to explain and discuss the three main factors; namely category contribution, days of supply, and space elastic demand when placing stock on the shelf.
For more information about this course, please contact us.
The Advanced Merchandising and Display Techniques course can be broken down into four modules.
- Introduction to Merchandising: By the end of this module, you will be able to start a conversation on merchandising with the team around you.
- Understanding the World of Merchandising on Shelf: By the end of this module, you will be able to identify acronyms and explain terms related to merchandising.
- Merchandising Equipment and Visual Merchandising Methods: By the end of this module, you’ll know about the different merchandising methods and equipment. You’ll also know how to choose the right style of merchandising for your displays and planograms.
- Merchandising Principles: By the end of this module, you will be able to apply the correct shelf layout approach when it comes to certain space planning principles such as fixtures, general layouts, and data-driven layouts.
For more information, please contact us.
DotActiv Software Courses
To get the most out of DotActiv’s software, we have developed six mastery levels to enrich your user experience. By completing these courses, you will have the confidence to implement category management best practices using DotActiv’s software.
Software Mastery Levels (Free)
When logging into the DotAcativ Academy, you will find that each Mastery Level has become a learning path.
Each learning path has three separate sections: Theory, Software, and Practical. Read more here.
You can register a free account on DotActiv Academy.
When you register for a free account on the DotActiv Academy, you get free access to all six DotActiv Software Mastery Level courses which will help you to learn about building data-driven planograms.
Data is the fundamental foundation of every planogram. By the end of this course, you will be able to evaluate data in an analytical manner in order to design assortments, planograms, and floor plans. Furthermore, you will be able to comprehend the back-end of DotActiv’s Software. In this course, you can watch videos on how to prepare and assess your data sets.
By the end of this course, you will be able to characterise clustering and implement the methodology.
Shoppers want to find the right product, at the right price, and at the right time. By the end of this course, you will be able to implement assortment planning which will ensure the formulation of profitable product ranges.
Creating visually appealing planograms that take data into consideration can increase the shopper’s experience. By the end of this course, you will be able to design and critique planograms.
By the end of this course, you will be able to understand the value of a well thought out Floor Plan as well as the basic information required to create one.
By the end of this course, you will be able to analyze and interpret data pre and post planogram generation.
The DotActiv Academy is available for free with DotActiv Lite, Pro or Enterprise.
Learn How To Build Data-Driven Planograms (Free)
Space planning doesn’t need to be daunting. In fact, anyone can learn how to create a performance-enhancing planogram that will improve in-store shopping experiences.
The Learn How To Create Data-Driven Planograms course can be broken down into 3 main modules.
- Prepare – This consists of two lessons, namely:
- Prepare And Import Your Sales Data; and
- Prepare And Import Your Product Images.
- Build – This consists of two lessons, namely:
- Planogram Generation Basics; and
- Planogram Automation.
- Report – This consists of two lessons, namely:
- Standard Planogram Reports; and
- Create Custom Data Visualisations.
The training videos in this course will take you less than an hour to watch. If you would like to master the basics of creating a planogram using DotActiv’s software, then it shouldn’t take you longer than a day to complete.
We recommend that you watch these videos in conjunction with practicing in DotActiv Free which you can download here.
How To Download Your Certificates
Once you have completed a course you will receive a certificate of completion per course that you have passed. You will then be able to access and download your certificate for your record.
Please find a step-by-step guide on how to download your certificates below.
Step 1: First, open up the Academy website. When you hover over your profile, found in the right corner of your screen, a menu will appear, as seen below.
Step 2: Select ‘Course Summary’, as highlighted above.
Step 3: Once, you have clicked on ‘Course Summary’ the following page will open up listing all the courses that you have registered for.
You will also be able to see the details of your course progress, as seen below. This section lists how many steps you have completed for each course that you have registered for. This also includes the date and status of your course, namely ‘Not Started’, ‘In Progress’ or ‘Completed’.
The last section on this page lists all the introduction, software and practical quizzes that you have completed including the result you received for each section. This will either show in green if you passed the quiz or in red if you failed the quiz.
Step 4: You can access your certificate for each course by clicking on the ‘Certificate’ button that you will find right next to your result, as seen below.
Once you have clicked on ‘Certificate’ it will open up a new tab with your certificate. I have included an example of a certificate below.
You can also choose to see your quiz statistics by clicking on the ‘Statistics’ button which opens up a page with your results for the quiz.
This page indicates which questions you answered correctly and those that you answered incorrectly, as seen below. Where ‘1’ in green indicates that your answer was correct, while a ‘1’ in red indicates that your answer was incorrect. In the example below all answers were correct.