This article will explain the different retail and software courses available to you through DotActiv Academy.
DotActiv Academy offers a variety of retail and DotActiv software courses.
DotActiv Academy includes two retail courses:
- Introduction to Retail, and
- Advanced Merchandising and Display Techniques.
Each course includes a theory section, downloadable summaries, additional resources and practical test.
Introduction To Retail
We can break the Introduction to Retail course into four modules.
- The Retail Environment: By the end of this module, you will be able to identify the different types of retail and how the four P’s of marketing influence them.
- Product Planning: This module forms a base for planning the assortment in a retail environment. It explores the merchandising mix, various types of brans as well as why data is needed.
- Pricing Design: By the end of this module, you will be able to identify factors that you need to consider prior to pricing and creating a pricing strategy. You’ll also explore the different pricing strategies and common mistakes to avoid.
- Placement and Management of Stock: By the end of this module, you will be able to explain and discuss three main factors; namely category contribution, days of supply and space elastic demand when placing stock on the shelf.
For more information about this course, please contact us.
Advanced Merchandising and Display Techniques
We can break the Advanced Merchandising and Display Techniques course into four modules.
- Introduction to Merchandising: By the end of this module, you will be able to start a conversation on merchandising with the team around you.
- Understanding the World of Merchandising on Shelf: By the end of this module, you will be able to identify acronyms and explain terms related to merchandising.
- Merchandising Equipment and Visual Merchandising Methods: By the end of this module, you’ll know about the different merchandising methods and equipment. You’ll also know how to choose the right style of merchandising for your displays and planograms.
- Merchandising Principles: By the end of this module,
For more information, please contact us.
DotActiv Software Courses
To get the most out of DotActiv’s software, we have six mastery levels. By completing these courses, you will have the confidence to implement category management best practices using DotActiv’s software.
Software Mastery Levels
When logging into DotAcativ Academy, you will find that each Mastery Level has become a learning path.
Each learning path has three separate sections: Theory, Software, and Practical. Read more here.
You can register a free account on DotActiv Academy.
When you register for a free account on DotActiv Academy, you get free access to all six DotActiv Software Mastery Level courses. Register for your free account here.
Mastery Level 1: Data
Data is the fundamental foundation of every planogram. By the end of this course, you will be able to evaluate data in an analytical manner in order to design assortments, planograms and floorplans. Furthermore, you will be able to comprehend the back-end of DotActiv Software.
Mastery Level 2: Clusters
By the end of this course, you will be able to characterise clustering and implement the methodology.
Mastery Level 3: Assortment Planning
Shoppers want to find the right product, at the right price, and at the right time. By the end of this course, you will be able to implement assortment planning which will ensure the formulation of profitable product ranges.
Mastery Level 4: Planogram Generation
Creating visually appealing planograms that take data into consideration. By the end of this course, you will be able to design and critique planograms.
Mastery Level 5: Macro Space Planning
By the end of this course, you will be able to understand the value in a well thought out Floor Plan as well as the basic information required to create one.
Mastery Level 6: Reporting
By the end of this course, you will be able to analyse and interpret data pre, and post planogram.
DotActiv Academy is available on a free 14-day trial basis bundled with DotActiv Lite, Pro or Enterprise. Sign up for your free trial here.