This article will explain the application software and hardware requirements for installation on a server.
When it comes to the software requirements, most of the required software is installed with the product, this guide is for the additional software that is required to be installed prior to the installation of the DotActiv software.
Server Software Requirements
Our products can be run under the following database software. The specific requirements are a little different depending on which database software you are using.
- Windows Server: 2012 or higher
- Windows: 7 or higher
Microsoft SQL Server
- Minimum Database Version: 2016
- .NET Framework: 4.6 or higher (should be included in SQL Server installation)
- If running under Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2: Requires April 2014 patch before installation: KB2919355
- Minimum Database Version: 11
Additional Application Software Requirements
- .Net Core framework: 2.2 or higher
Server Hardware Requirements
Below, you’ll find a table that outlines the server hardware requirements that you would need for installation.
We have broken it down into three sections – Minimum Functionality, Intermediate Functionality and Advanced Functionality.
This level functionality is meant for businesses with less than 20 stores, less than 30 000 products and less than 5 users of the software.
This level functionality is meant for businesses with less than 150 stores, less than 50 000 products and less than 15 users of the software.
Businesses with more than 150 stores, 50 000 products and 15 users should prepare hardware at this level for optimum performance.
|2 Ghz Dual Core
|2 Ghz Quad Core
|3 Ghz Quad Core
* Specified size is a guide and larger datasets will require increased capacity.
If you have any further questions about the server software or hardware requirements, you’re welcome to contact us.