The purpose of this article is to provide you with a step-by-step process to help you set up your general application settings within DotActiv’s software .
To find the ‘Application Settings’, click on ‘File’, scroll down to ‘Setup’ and from there select ‘Applications’ under the ‘Settings’ section.
In this box, you will find the ‘Autosave Setup’, as highlighted in red below.
To set up the ‘AutoSave’ function for your device, you can click on the ‘AutoSave Setup’ button on the bottom right side and you will be presented with the screen below.
Each of these functions is set to the above by default. However, it can be altered as well.
- Save frequency (in minutes): This is basically a timer that you can set to autosave your current item of work after (or every) X minutes.
- Max number of autosaves: This is the maximum amount of temporary files the DotActiv application will store (which consist of your autosaved files), once it reaches the maximum number that you have set, it will start replacing the oldest one.
- Directory: This is where your autosaved files will be saved on your device.
- ‘Enabled’ tick box in the bottom left corner: Tick this to enable autosave or untick to disable autosave (Not recommended).
General Application Settings
Here you will find the following options:
- Rename Fixtures When Renumbering;
- Check Fixture Type When Renumbering (Beta);
- Smart Context Categories;
- Display Welcome Screen On Startup;
- Run Ticket Manager Service;
- Use Metric System; and
- Disable UOM Conversions.
Rename Fixtures When Renumbering
If this is ticked, fixture labels will automatically include the fixture type and number when renumbering.
Check Fixture Type When Renumbering (Beta)
If you check the box next to Check Fixture Type When Renumbering (seen in the image below) each fixture type will have its own count. When unchecked, all fixtures will be included in a single count.
Smart Context Categories
If this is ticked the relevant ribbon car context category will automatically become active when moving between windows.
Display Welcome Screen On Startup
If this is ticked, the welcome screen will display each time you open the DotActiv edition.
Run Ticket Manager Service
If this selection is ticked, the ticket manager will run in the background to monitor open tickets and notifications. There is also another tic box that allows you to open the ticket manager in a new tab on startup.
Use Metric System
If this box is ticked, the system will use centimetres as the base of the Unit of Measure for positions and sizes as opposed to inches. By unticking this box, you will use the Imperial system.
Please be careful that changing this setting will affect imports and existing planograms.
Disable UOM Conversions
This displays any auto conversions of the display of size or positions value to a UOM other than the base centimetres or inches.
Should you require further assistance with the above settings, please create a ticket for support.