This article will help you to understand the type of data needed to start building your planograms. It covers the minimum data required to start working within the DotActiv software.
Manual Data Upload
DotActiv Free and DotActiv Lite require you to manually upload your data into the software. You can prepare your data in an Excel document and then save this document as a CSV. The following data fields should be included:
- Store Name: This refers to the name of the store that you are using.
- Barcode: Another name for the barcode is EAN or UPC. Some environments may use Article Number of Product Code. This is the unique identifier that links the brand and product description.
- Product Description: This must include the Brand Name, Advertising Description (what is it), Size, UOM and Flavour. In that sequence consistently. Limit the description to 40 characters.
- Brand: List the consumer brand description. For example, I am going to buy a Kit Kat.
- Category: A class or division of products regarded as having particular shared characteristics.
- Sub Category: A secondary or subordinate category.
- Segment(If any): Refers to the different sections or parts that the Sub Category is divided into.
- Sub Segment(If any): A subdivision of a Segment. A subordinate, secondary, or lesser part of the Segment.
- Sales: The value (in Dollars or Rand for example) of goods or products sold in a given targeted time period.
- Units: The number of products sold in a given targeted time period.
- Period From: This refers to the start date of your period.
- Period To: This is the end date of your period.
- Size: This is the numerical value used to how the size of an item i.e. 250, 300, 500, etc. This includes height, width and depth.
The below image illustrates the format your data should be presented in.
More data fields can be added. The below image indicates only the minimum data that you should include.
DotActiv Professional and DotActiv Enterprise include a database integration service. The same type of data would be required for the database integration process as described with a manual data upload.
However, other data fields can also be included, depending on your requirements. A scoping session will be held with your IT team where the integration process will be discussed in detail.
Please note that product images should also be provided as DotActiv is not responsible for sourcing images unless we are contracted to do so.
It is important to work with clean and accurate data so that your planograms are data-driven. The data fields listed in this article will ensure that you can create data-driven planograms.
If all of the above data is not available, you can still create a planogram. If you’re a supplier, for example, and you don’t have access to sales data of other products in your category, you can still build planograms. However, the planogram you build will not be data-driven.
Should the above steps not work for you, please create a support ticket. DotActiv support will assist you in uncovering the issue.