The purpose of this article is to provide you with a clear step-by-step process on how to use the Auto-Adjust NOD Function within DotActiv software. The aim of this feature is for the user to set a total target NOD for the floor to adjust planograms and space accordingly to match the target as best as possible.
It is important to note that you need to be connected to a database in order to make use of the Auto-Adjust NOD Function. Secondly, this function will prompt a summary import and will be greyed out if you have not yet done a conversion to a summary floor which can currently be done via the Update Facts function.
You can learn how to import data into a Floor Plan in this article.
After opening a floor plan in DotActiv, ensure that you are in the ‘Tools’ tab. Once there, click on ‘Auto-Adjust NOD’s’.
Doing so brings up the following ‘Pop-up’ Window.
You will be required to fill in the following:
- Target NOD: You will need to enter a target which the function will then try to match by essentially determining which gondolas should be adjusted accordingly.
- Choose adjustment field: This field is used to govern which gondolas to prioritize for adding or removing NOD’s. When adding NOD’s the Gondolas with the higher value will be prioritized, whereas when removing NOD’s the gondolas with the lowest value will be prioritized.
- Congestion Threshold: An optional setting only applicable when removing drops. Drops will not be removed from gondolas if the congestion is greater than the threshold.
- Change Limit: Limits the amount of changes that can be applied to a single gondola.
- Percentage: Set the limit to a percentage of the gondola’s current number of drops.
- Absolute: Set the limit to an absolute number of drops per gondola.
Please note that the ‘Actual NOD will be auto-populated with the current NOD on your floor.
Troubleshooting Congestion Field Errors
Should you get the following error ‘Congestion Factor field not found’, please follow the steps provided.
Check that this field has been set-up in the FLP market format. This can be done by navigating to File and then Setup > Application Settings. Please review the following article on how to set-up your FLP Format.
Another common pop error that could possibly appear is, ’Could not find enough space to make change’, which generally means that the function has determined that based on congestion there is no room to remove the required NOD.
If the above steps do not work for you please contact our Support Team who is always willing to assist you.