The purpose of this article is to help guide you on how to use the planogram analyzer feature found in the DotActiv software.
What Is The Planogram Analyzer?
The planogram analyzer feature in the DotActiv software enables you to measure how complete your planogram is while you space plan.
It includes a list of criteria to help you improve the planogram. These include but are not limited to:
- Percentage Used Gondola Space: The overall capacity of the gondola.
- Percentage Of Products With Set Dimensions: Are all the product’s dimensions in the planogram captured?
- Image Completion: Do all products in the gondola have images?
- Percentage of Products That Have Been Classified: Have all the products been classified according to their sub-categories, segments and sub-segments, and brand before creating the planogram?
- Correct Space Allocation: Have the products been given sufficient space according to their performance?
- Days of Supply Alignment: Days of Supply of products have been kept aligned throughout the planogram.
- Planogram Neatness: Is the planogram visually appealing and are shoppers easily able to locate what they are looking for in the gondola?
- Eco-Packaging: The % of products on the planogram that have eco-packaging.
- Sustainable Products: The % of products on the planogram that are classified as sustainable.
How To Use The Planogram Analyzer
After opening a planogram, ensure that you are in the ‘Tools’ tab.
Next, scroll to the ‘Planogram Analysis’ section on the far right and click on the ‘Analyzer’ icon.
When you click on the icon, the ‘Plano Analyzer’ window pops up on your screen next to your open planogram. It lists a series of criteria and colour-coded results.
From the image above, you can see that you will need to improve ‘Planogram Neatness’ and ‘Space Allocation’.
When you double-click on the ‘Planogram Neatness’ or ‘Space Allocation’ criterion, a pop-up window will appear telling you exactly what you’d need to do to improve the planogram.
Going through the other criteria, you can quickly understand what changes you need to make. As you make any changes, the Planogram Analyzer results for each criterion automatically update.
The Planogram Analyzer enables you to make changes according to set criteria as you work on it, therefore ensuring an accurate planogram.
Setting Up Different Analyzer Criteria
To change the criteria that are being analyzed, you can select different KPIs from the Plano Analyzer Setup. In the section on the left are all the available KPIs to choose from. The KPIs that are selected and will be analyzed then appear in the section on the right.
Should you for instance want to include some Sustainability KPIs, you can double-click on the KPI to add it, or use the double arrows.
The new KPIs will then be added to the Plano Analyzer.
Keep in mind that the data should be available for each criterion that is being analyzed. Below is an example of adding data to the Sustainability fields.
Disclaimer: The products indicated in the above GIF are not necessarily sustainable. It is used merely to explain the software functionality.
Should this functionality not work as intended, feel free to log a task for our IT team.